Translate

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Marina Rossi, Student Work




Trail Mix
Coffee, tea, paint, gesso, wax, cardboard, paper
4' x 3'


For my drawing collection I began by experimenting with different mediums including coffee and tea dying. I also made marks with gesso and acrylic paint, experimented with wax and included small sketches. Many small, ripped pieces of paper are glued together to create one, final drawing. As I assembled, I looked for connections among the marks, creating a trail. The marks on the top create a mountain that flows down into scattered memories of a nature trail. I incorporated sketches of myself to reflect my physical and mental journeys. A long journey can leave one with a feeling  of accomplishment. I think it is interesting to look back at the various stages of a journey. Trail Mix is an attempt to reflect on a time and place while acknowledging accomplishments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment